Paper & Printing Trades Journal

The Paper & Printing Trades Journal was one of the first trade publications for the printing and publishing industries. Launched in 1872 by the London firm of Field & Tuer under the imprint Ye Leadenhalle Workes (later the Leadenhall Press), it was edited for many years by Andrew White Tuer and his assistant Robert Hilton. The introduction to the first issue described the quarterly as “A Medium of Intercommunication Between Stationers, Printers, Publishers and Booksellers and the Manufacturers.” Initially distributed gratis, in 1874 a charge of one shilling was imposed for four issues. Content consisted of advertising, news, reviews, articles about new products and machinery, printers jokes (in the form of a column titled „Quads“), and commentary by Tuer and Hilton on printing samples sent in for a „Specimens“ feature begun in 1874. That column eventually led to an ambitious annual, the Printers‘ International Specimen Exchange, introduced by Field & Tuer in 1880. The journal was sold in 1891 to John Southward, author of works on printing and typography.

Benjamin Ten Broeck House

Das Benjamin Ten Broeck House, auch als Felten-Ten Broeck-Chmura House bekannt, ist ein Wohngebäude an der Flatbush Road (New York State Route 32) in der Town of Ulster nördlich von Kingston, New York in den Vereinigten Staaten. Es ist ein steinernes Haus, das in drei Etappen in den Jahren vor der Amerikanischen Revolution gebaut wurde.

Der Bauherr war Benjamin Ten Broeck, ein wohlhabender Landbesitzer, auf dessen Grund es gebaut wurde. Es diente der Unterbringung seiner Bediensteten. Da sein Gebäude abgebrochen wurde, ist das Haus das einzige Überbleibsel seines Grundbesitzes. Das Design des Gebäudes ist im Großen und Ganzen niederländischen Ursprungs, doch die Gestaltung der Küche lässt vermuten, dass das Haus von pfälzischen Einwanderern bewohnt wurde. Vandalismus und Diebstahl haben dazu geführt, dass ein Teil der ursprünglichen Innenausstattung nicht mehr vorhanden ist, doch insgesamt ist die historische Integrität des Gebäudes erhalten. Das Bauwerk wurde 2005 in das National Register of Historic Places aufgenommen.

Das Haus befindet sich auf einem 0,54 Hektar großen Grundstück an der Ostseite der Flatbush Road direkt südlich der Auffahrtsrampen zur New York State Route 199 und der westlichen Zufahrt zur Kingston–Rhinecliff Bridge. Das Gebiet besteht zum größten Teil aus Feldern und Waldgrundstücken, einige weitere Häuser stehen etwa 500 m weiter südlich auf derselben Seite der Flatbush Road. Das Haus steht etwa 60 m entfernt von der Straße, von der es durch hochgewachsene Bäume abgeschirmt ist. Eine nicht asphaltierte Zufahrt führt von der Straße zum Haus hin, wo sie an einem kleinen Kreisverkehr endet.

Das Gebäude ist ein eineinhalb Stockwerke zählendes Bauwerk aus gebrochenen Kalksteinblöcken, die weiß gekalkt sind. Das Satteldach ist mit Schindeln aus Dachpappe gedeckt, die Giebeldreiecke sind mit Holzschindeln verkleidet. Auf dem Dach sitzen zwei Kamine aus Backsteinen sowie in der Mitte der südlichen Dachseite zwei Dachgaubenfenster.

Die Vorderseite des Hauses reflektiert die drei Phasen der Erbauung des Hauses. Am östlichen Ende befindet sich eine Veranda mit Halbdach und dem Haupteingang. Im Mittelteil befinden sich zwei Aufschiebfenster mit jeweils zwölf Butzenscheiben, auf ein Paar kleinerer Fenster folgt zum westlichen Ende hin ein Nebeneingang. Alle Fenster sind mit soliden Fensterläden versehen, die in grün und rot gestrichen sind. An der Westseite gibt es zwei Fenster, jeweils eines pro Stockwerk, Richtung Osten gibt es doppelt so viele Fenster. An der Rückseite des Hauses, nach Norden hin gelegen, befinden sich nur zwei Fenster am westlichen Ende und in der Mitte.

Jeder Gebäudeabschnitt wurde im Innern durch einen offenen Raum gebildet. Der mittlere Teil wurde in kleinere Räume aufgeteilt und das Niveau des Ostteils liegt etwas niedriger als der Rest des Hauses. Die Gebäudeteile im Osten und der Mitte haben offene Kamine, letzterer mit einer georgianischen Kaminummantelung. Freigestellte Deckenbalken stützen die Dachstuben darüber. Der westliche und mittlere Teil des Hauses sind durch eine Brettertüre mit schmiedeeisernen Scharnierband und Beschlägen verbunden.

Benjamin Ten Broeck I, der das Haus erbauen ließ, war der Urenkel von Wessel Ten Broeck, der 1626 mit Peter Minuit in die Kolonie Nieuw Nederland kam. Ten Broeck baute 1748 seinen später abgebrochenen ersten Wohnsitz auf dem Grundstück, auf dem er drei Jahre später den ersten Teil des Hauses errichten ließ, der den Farmpächtern auf seinem Land als Wohnung dienen sollte. Eine Familie mit dem Namen Felten, vermutlich die Nachkommen Anfang des 18. Jahrhunderts von aus der Pfalz geflohenen Einwanderern waren die ersten Bewohner.

Ten Broeck erbaute das Haus im Stil der niederländischen anonymen Architektur, wie sie von den niederländischen Siedlern in dem Gebiet angewendet wurde. Dazu gehörte auch eine offene, pfostenfreie Herdstelle im Zentrum des Raumes, die zum Kochen und zum Heizen verwendet wurde. Dieser Gebäudeteil wurde später aufgeteilt. Der westliche Abschnitt des Hauses entstand 1765 in der zweiten Bauphase und setzte den niederländischen Stil fort.

Der Einbau von Wechselbalken an der westlichen Mauer deutet darauf hin, dass der ursprüngliche Bauplan auch auf dieser Seite eine offene Herdstelle vorsah, doch es ist kein solches Fundament vorhanden. Deswegen ist es wahrscheinlicher, dass der Plan während der Bauausführung geändert wurde, um einem gusseisernen Ofen auf einem gemauerten Sockel Platz zu machen, der mit Kohle beheizt wurde. Diese Anordnung ist typisch für Häuser deutscher Einwanderer jener Zeit und weist darauf hin, dass die Bewohner des Hauses dieser Herkunft waren.

In der letzten Phase entstand vermutlich um 1770 der östliche Gebäudeteil; der Stil der zeitgenössischen Ergänzungen im Mittelteil lässt jedoch auch ein Entstehen bis spätestens 1790 als möglich erscheinen. Die Veränderung des offenen Kamins im Mittelteil war wahrscheinlich das Ergebnis der Nutzung des neuen Flügels als Küche.

1777 feuerten britische Schiffe auf dem Hudson River auf das Ten Broeck House, als Kingston niedergebrannt wurde. Die Familie suchte in dem Farmhaus Zuflucht, während das Haupthaus repariert wurde.

Nach der Revolution verblieb der größte Teil des Grundbesitzes im Eigentum der Familie Ten Broeck, und dies änderte sich bis zum Beginn des 20. Jahrhunderts nicht. Ob die Familie weiterhin auf dem Grundstück lebte, ist hingegen nicht sicher. Nach einer Version wohnte Elizabeth Maraquat, die Enkelin von Benjamin Ten Broeck I, bis 1820 im Haupthaus, das früheste Schriftstück, das den Eigentümer des Landes dokumentiert, stammt aus dem Jahr 1803 und gibt an, es sei von einem Johannis Snyder aus Kingston an William Prince aus dem Fairfield County, Connecticut verkauft worden. Von Snyder, der dem Dokument zufolge zu jener Zeit auf dem Grundstück lebte, nimmt man an, dass er der jüngere Bruder von Maria Felten war. Daraus lässt sich schließen, dass die früheren Pächter zu dem Zeitpunkt bereits Eigentümer des Grundstücks geworden waren.

Das Haupthaus wurde 1904 abgerissen, sodass das Haus der Landpächter das einzige Überbleibsel des einst großen Herrensitzes Pächterhaus ist. 1936 wurde das Haus für den Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) dokumentiert. Die Photodokumentation zeigt, dass das Haus damals noch nicht von Bäumen umgeben war.

Wenige Jahre später, 1939, wurde das Haus von einem Antiquitätenhändler aus Kingston besichtigt. Dieser sammelte Artefakte für das Winterthur Museum in Delaware, und es gelang ihm, eines der ursprünglichen Fenster durch eine historische Nachbildung zu tauschen. Er wollte auch die Innentür erwerben, doch der Farmer Steven Chmura, dem das Haus zu dem Zeitpunkt gehörte, lehnte dies ab.

Seit damals war das Haus in Zeiten des Leerstandes beim Wechsel des Eigentümers öfters Gegenstand von Diebstahl und Vandalismus. Auf diese Weise gingen die ursprünglichen Fensterläden und die Türe zwischen dem Mittelteil und westlichen Flügel des Hauses verloren. Um 1990 wurde die westliche Türe zugemauert und die Bodendielen wurden durch ähnlich gestaltetes neues Holz ersetzt. Der derzeitige Eigentümer musste auch die Fensterrahmen ersetzen lassen.

Koordinaten:

Greeley County (Nebraska)

Greeley County er et fylke i den amerikanske delstaten Nebraska.

Adams · Antelope · Arthur · Banner · Blaine · Boone · Box Butte · Boyd · Brown · Buffalo · Burt · Butler · Cass · Cedar · Chase · Cherry · Cheyenne · Clay · Colfax · Cuming · Custer · Dakota · Dawes · Dawson · Deuel · Dixon · Dodge · Douglas · Dundy · Fillmore · Franklin · Frontier · Furnas · Gage · Garden · Garfield · Gosper · Grant · Greeley · Hall · Hamilton · Harlan · Hayes · Hitchcock · Holt · Hooker · Howard · Jefferson · Johnson · Kearney · Keith · Keya Paha · Kimball · Knox · Lancaster · Lincoln · Logan · Loup · Madison · McPherson · Merrick · Morrill · Nance · Nemaha · Nuckolls · Otoe · Pawnee · Perkins · Phelps · Pierce · Platte · Polk · Red Willow · Richardson · Rock · Saline · Sarpy · Saunders · Scotts Bluff · Seward · Sheridan · Sherman · Sioux · Stanton · Thayer · Thomas · Thurston · Valley · Washington · Wayne · Webster · Wheeler · York

Koordinater:

·

Фрэнки едет в Голливуд (фильм, 1998)

короткометражный фильм
документальный фильм

Брендан Келли

Гордон Бьелоник

Брюс Уиллис
Лив Тайлер
Стив Бушеми
Фрэнки

Майкл Виркли

12 мин.

США США

английский язык

1998

ID 0221191

«Фрэнки едет в Голливуд» (англ. Franky Goes to Hollywood) — короткометражный документальный фильм 1999 года производства США. Фильм снят известным американским актёром Бренданом Келли (англ. Brendan Kelly) — для него он стал первым и пока единственным. Главные роли в этом фильме исполнили Брюс Уиллис, Стив Бушеми, Джерри Брукхаймер, Лив Тайлер и Майкл Бэй, которому собственно и принадлежит идея создания этого фильма.

Премьера фильма состоялась в июне 1999 года в США на кинофестивале в части района Бруклин города Нью-Йорк — в Вильямсбурге (англ. Williamsburg). На этом кинофестивале фильм одержал победу — в категории Короткометражный фильм режиссёр Брендан Келли получил приз Вознаграждение зрительской аудитории.

Американский актёр Брендан Келли в 1998 году получил хорошие новости от продюсеров фильма «Армагеддон», который снимал режиссёр Майкл Бэй. Оказывается собака Брендана — пёс по кличке Фрэнки получил одну из главных ролей в этом фильме. Брендан Келли, являясь владельцем собаки и её тренером, решает снять свой первый фильм, сделав свою собаку главным героем.

Главный герой фильма — собака актёра Брендана Келли Фрэнки, которая отправляется в путешествие в Голливуд. В фильме собственно и показана эта поездка, начиная от полёта самолётом в первом классе и заканчивая романом с девушкой года «Плейбоя» и общением с самим Брюсом Уиллисом.

Thulin LA

The Thulin LA was a Swedish two-seat, single-engine biplane designed by Enoch Thulin in 1917 and made by his company AB Thulinverken in Landskrona. It was based on the earlier Thulin L and E aircraft, with a new engine, fuselage and empennage. The L and E types were in turn based on the German Albatros B.II aircraft, like the NAB Albatros. The Thulin LA was used in Sweden, the Netherlands (10) and Finland (1). This type also made the first passenger transport flights between Sweden and Denmark in 1919. Altogether there were 15 Thulin LAs built.

The engine used was a Thulin G, which was an 11-cylinder 100 hp Le Rhône 11F (bore x stroke 105mm x 140mm), manufactured under licence by Thulins in Sweden. Thulin had journeyed to France in 1915 and acquired the licence to manufacture it from Gnome et Rhône, as well as the Le Rhone 9C, which was sold as the „Thulin A“. The Thulin-built engine, with a dry weight of 168 kg (370 lb), replaced the much heavier engine from the original Albatros B.II, a Mercedes D.II 120 hp 6-cylinder inline water-cooled engine weighing 240 kg (530 lb).

The Finnish Air Force (The Whites) received one aircraft as a gift from Sweden by the grocery magnate G. Svensson in the spring of 1918.

The aircraft arrived by ship at Turku on 5 May 1918, where it was used at the Turku Flying School (Turun Lentokoulu), established on 1 May 1918. The flying school was renamed V Flying Detachment (V Lento-osasto) of the Finnish Air Force on 1 October 1918. The aircraft was mainly used as a trainer aircraft and was destroyed in a crash due to engine malfunction outside Helsinki’s Pohjoissatama harbour in February 1919.

Thulin also made a floatplane version of the LA, based on the Albatros B.II-W („Wasserflugzeug“).

Data from Suomen Ilmavoimat I

General characteristics

Performance

Liberty Bell Mountain

Liberty Bell Mountain is located in the North Cascades, approximately one mile south of Washington Pass on the North Cascades Highway. Liberty Bell is the most northern Spire of the Liberty Bell Group, a group of spires which also includes Concord Tower, Lexington Tower, North Early Winters Spire, and South Early Winters Spire.

A well known peak in Washington, although it lacks high prominence, and elevation. It is well known for having high quality alpine climbing, with a short approach since the completion of The Washington Pass Hwy. A mixture of high quality granite and difficult rock, has made it a very popular weekend climbing area. Routes range from 5.6 class and grade II, to 5.12a class, and grade IV to V.

Liberty Bell Mountain features 18 named traditional climbing routes. Liberty Crack is featured in Fifty Classic Climbs of North America. The first ascent was on September 27, 1946 by Fred Beckey, Jerry O’Neil, and Charles Welsh by way of what is now known as the Beckey route.

Bible translations into Romanian

The first complete translation to Romanian was done in 1688 (called „Biblia de la Bucureşti“). The Old Testament was translated by Moldavian-born Nicolae Milescu in Constantinople. The translator used as his source a Septuagint published in Frankfurt in 1597. The manuscript was afterwards revised in Moldova and later brought to Bucharest, where it was again subject to revision by a team of Wallachian scholars (among whom were Radu and Şerban Greceanu) with the help of Şerban Cantacuzino and Constantin Brâncoveanu.

Before the publication of the Bucharest Bible (1688), other partial translations were published, like the Slavic-Romanian Gospel (1551), Coresi’s Gospel (1561), The Braşov Psalm Book (1570), Palia from Orăştie (1582), The New Testament of Alba Iulia (1648) and others. In September 1911 the British and Foreign Bible Society printed the Iasi Old Testament with the Nitzulescu New Testament, revised by Professor Garboviceanu and checked by Prof Alexics. This was the official BFBS text before Cornilescu was adopted in 1924, but was more literal. This text was revised by Cornilescu from 1928 and printed by the Bible Society in 1931 and was not reprinted since.

Two main translations are currently used in Romanian. The Orthodox Church uses the Synodal Version, the standard Romanian Orthodox Bible translation, published with the blessings of Patriarch. The Protestant denominations mainly use the Bible Society translation translated by Dumitru Cornilescu. The New Testament was first published in 1921, and the whole Bible with references in 1924, produced by the British and Foreign Bible Society. In 1989 appeared an unofficial revision by German publishing house Gute Botschaft Verlag (GBV); it tried to get the existing translation closer to the original manuscripts, in a form grammatically corrected and adapted according to the evolution of the modern Romanian language.

The British and Foreign Bible Society (BFBS), operating in Romania through the Interconfessional Bible Society of Romania (), brought out a special 90th anniversary definitive edition of the Cornilescu Bible in 2014, with many errors corrected.

Christian Manfredini

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 July 2012.

Christian José Manfredini Sisostri, known as Christian Manfredini, (born 1 May 1975) is an Italian-raised Ivorian footballer who plays for Agropoli as a midfielder.

Christian Manfredini was born Christian José Sisostri, in Côte d’Ivoire. At the age of 4, he was adopted by an Italian family with the surname Manfredini from Battipaglia, in the province of Salerno.

A versatile midfielder, Manfredini is a product of the Juventus youth system and spent the early years of his career sent on loan by Juve to smaller clubs. Manfredini spent four seasons with different sides, playing in both Serie C1 and C2 until he was sent to Cosenza in 1998 where he made his debut in Serie B at the age of 23.

In 1999, after a year with Cosenza, Manfredini joined Genoa, for 700 million lire or €361,520 (50% rights), also in Serie B at the time. After just a season with Genoa, Manfredini then joined a club which was making its way forward on the Italian football scene. Genoa bought the residual rights from Juventus for 600 million lire and resold Manfredini in the summer 2000.

In 2000, Manfredini joined ChievoVerona, and was an important part of the first ever Chievo side to reach Serie A, along with Eriberto formed the „back arrow“ as both wings. The team continued to surprise as they found themselves top of Serie A, eventually finishing fifth and achieving a UEFA Cup place.

Manfredini did not stay any longer though as he had caught the eye of giants Lazio, who he joined in 2002 in co-ownership deal for €6.715 million or 13 billion lire (10 billion lire cash (€5.165 million cash) plus half of registration rights of Pesaresi tagged for €1.549 million or 3 billion lire). Lazio later write-down the value of Manfredini to €2.3 million, after both club withdrew the remain 50% registration rights. At first, Manfredini failed to break into the strong Lazio side and was sent on loan to Osasuna in Spain, as well as Perugia and Fiorentina.

In 2004, Lazio went into financial meltdown and were forced to sell many of their top players. Manfredini was recalled to the club and while not always a regular in the first eleven, made many appearances for the capital club.

Manfredini also scored a goal in the UEFA Champions League against German side SV Werder Bremen. Manfredini did not play any game in 2009–10 Serie A and 2010–11 Serie A. His contract was extended 5-year on 1 July 2006.

His contract with Lazio expired as of June 2011 and was not renewed.

He has signed with A.C. Sambonifacese on 16 July 2011 and has played 11 games in the season 2011–12.

In the season 2012–13 he plays for Agropoli, newly promoted in Serie D.

In 2006, Manfredini was handed his maiden national team callup by his country of birth, the Côte d’Ivoire. On 1 March 2006, Manfredini was selected for the squad to face Spain in a friendly match, however remained an unused substitute. He was not selected for the 2006 FIFA World Cup. Manfredini was called up again for the friendly match against Senegal on 16 August 2006, but did not get to play either. In November 2008, Côte d’Ivoire’s new manager, Bosnian Vahid Halilhodžić, gave Manfredini a recall to the national side for the friendly game in Israel, in which Manfredini was finally able to make his official debut for the Ivorian national team.

Ivan Konev

Ivan Stepanovich Konev (Russian: Ива́н Степа́нович Ко́нев; 28 December [O.S. 16 December] 1897 – 21 May 1973) was a Soviet military commander, who led Red Army forces on the Eastern Front during World War II, retook much of Eastern Europe from occupation by the Axis Powers, and helped in the capture of Germany’s capital, Berlin.

In 1956, as the Commander of Warsaw Pact forces, Konev led the suppression of the Hungarian Revolution by Soviet armoured divisions.

Konev was born on 28 December 1897 into a peasant family near Podosinovets in Vologda Governorate (now Kirov Oblast). He had little formal education and worked as a lumberjack.

In the spring of 1916, he was conscripted into the Imperial Russian Army. Konev was sent to the 2nd Heavy Artillery Brigade at Moscow and then graduated from artillery training courses. In 1917, he was sent to the 2nd Separate Heavy Artillery Battalion on the Southwestern Front as a junior sergeant and fought in the Kerensky Offensive.

When the Russian Revolution broke out in 1917 he was demobilised and returned home, but in 1919 he joined the Bolshevik party and the Red Army, serving as an artilleryman. During the Russian Civil War he served with the Red Army in the Russian Far Eastern Republic. His commander at this time was Kliment Voroshilov, later a close colleague of Joseph Stalin and Commissar for defense. This alliance was the key to Konev’s subsequent career.

In 1926 Konev completed advanced officer training courses at the Frunze Military Academy, and between then and 1931 he held a series of progressively more senior commands, becoming head of first the Transbaikal then the North Caucasus Military Districts. In July 1938 he was appointed commander of the 2nd Red Banner Army. In 1937 he became a Deputy of the Supreme Soviet and in 1939 a candidate member of the Party Central Committee.

When Nazi Germany attacked the Soviet Union in June 1941, Konev was assigned command of the 19th Army in the Vitebsk region, and waged a series of defensive battles during the Red Army’s retreat, first to Smolensk and then to the approaches to Moscow.

He commanded the Kalinin Front from October 1941 to August 1942, playing a key role in the fighting around Moscow and the Soviet counter-offensive during the winter of 1941–42. For his role in the successful defense of the Soviet capital, Stalin promoted Konev to Colonel-General. In the summer of 1942 Konev led the Kalinin Front and later the Western front in the battle on the Rzhev salient.

Konev held high commands for the rest of the war. He commanded the Soviet Western Front until February 1943, the North-Western Front February–July 1943, and the 2nd Ukrainian Front from July 1943 (later further the 1st Ukrainian Front) until May 1945.

He participated in the Battle of Kursk, commanding the southern part of the Soviet counter-offensive, the Steppe Front, where he was an active and energetic exponent of maskirovka, the use of military camouflage and deception. Among the maskirovka measures he adopted to achieve tactical surprise were the camouflaging of defence lines and depots; dummy units and supply points; a dummy air defence network; and the use of reconnaissance units to verify the quality of his army’s camouflage and deception works. In David Glantz’s view, Konev’s forces „generated a major portion of the element of surprise“.

The result was that the Germans seriously underestimated the strength of the Soviet defences. The commander of 19 Panzer, General G. Schmidt, wrote that „We did not assume that there was even one fourth [the Russian strength] of what we had to encounter“.

After the victory at Kursk, Konev’s armies retook Belgorod, Odessa, Kharkiv and Kiev. The subsequent Korsun–Shevchenkovsky Offensive led to the Battle of the Korsun–Cherkassy Pocket which took place from 24 January to 16 February 1944. The offensive was part of the Dnieper–Carpathian Offensive. In it, the 1st and 2nd Ukrainian Fronts, commanded, respectively, by Nikolai Vatutin and Konev, trapped German forces of Army Group South in a pocket or cauldron west of the Dnieper river. During weeks of fighting, the two Red Army Fronts tried to eradicate the pocket; the subsequent Korsun battle eliminated the cauldron. According to Milovan Djilas, Konev openly boasted of his killing of thousands of German prisoners of war: „The cavalry finally finished them off. ‚We let the Cossacks cut up as long as they wished. They even hacked off the hands of those who raised them to surrender‘ the Marshal recounted with a smile.“

For his achievements in Ukraine, Konev was promoted by Stalin to Marshal of the Soviet Union in February 1944. He was one of Stalin’s favourite generals and one of the few senior commanders whom even Stalin admired for his ruthlessness.[citation needed]

During 1944 Konev’s armies advanced from Ukraine and Belarus into Poland and later into Czechoslovakia. By July he had advanced to the Vistula River in central Poland, and was awarded the title of Hero of the Soviet Union. In September 1944 his forces, now designated the Fourth Ukrainian Front, advanced into Slovakia and helped the Slovak partisans in their rebellion against German occupation.

In January 1945 Konev, together with Georgy Zhukov, commanded the Soviet armies which launched the massive winter offensive in western Poland, driving the German forces from the Vistula to the Oder River. In southern Poland his armies seized Kraków. Soviet historians, and generally Russian sources, claimed that Konev preserved Kraków from Nazi-planned destruction by ordering a lightning attack on the city. Konev’s January 1945 offensive also prevented planned destruction of the Silesian industry by the retreating Germans.

In April his troops, together with the 1st Belorussian Front under his competitor, Marshal Zhukov, forced the line of the Oder and advanced towards Berlin. Konev’s forces entered the city, but Stalin gave Zhukov the honour of capturing Berlin and hoisting the Soviet flag over Reichstag. Konev was ordered to the south-west, where his forces linked up with elements of the United States Army at Torgau and also retook Prague shortly after the official surrender of the German forces.

After the war Konev was appointed head of the Soviet occupation forces in Eastern Germany and also Allied High Commissioner for Austria. In 1946 he became commander of Soviet ground forces and First Deputy Minister of Defense of the Soviet Union, replacing Zhukov. He held these posts until 1950, when he was appointed commander of the Carpathian Military District. This was considered as demotion, and was in line with Stalin’s policy of relegating popular wartime commanders to obscure posts so they would not become threats to his position.[citation needed]

After Stalin’s death, however, Konev returned to prominence. He became a key ally of the new Party leader, Nikita Khrushchev, being entrusted with the trial of the Stalinist police chief, Lavrenty Beria in 1953. He was again appointed First Deputy Minister of Defense and commander of Soviet ground forces, posts he held until 1956, when he was named Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the Warsaw Pact. Shortly after his appointment he led the suppression of the Hungarian Revolution.

He held this post until 1960, when he retired from active service. In 1961–62, however, he was recalled and was again commander of the Soviet forces in East Germany. He was then appointed to the largely ceremonial post of Inspector-General of the Defense Ministry.

Konev remained one of the Soviet Union’s most admired military figures until his death in 1973. He married twice, and his daughter Nataliya is Dean of the Department of Linguistics and Literature at the Russian Military University.

In 1969, the Ministry of Defense of the USSR published Konev’s 285-page war memoir called Forty-Five. It was later translated into English in the same year and published by Progress Publishers, Moscow. This work discusses Konev’s taking of Berlin, Prague, his work with Marshal Georgi Zhukov, Stalin, his field meeting with General Omar Bradley and Jascha Heifetz. In English, the book was titled I. Konev — Year of Victory. It was also published in Spanish and French under the titles El Año 45 and L’an 45 respectively.

Marshal of the Soviet Union, Twice Hero of the Soviet Union, holder of the Order of Victory Ivan Stepanovich Konev was buried in the Kremlin Wall with the greatest heroes of the USSR, and can still be visited today.

In 1991 his memorial sculpture in Kraków was dismantled. The sculpture was given to the Russian town of Kirovsk. The memorial plaque in front of the apartment building where he lived (three blocks from the Kremlin) is still mounted on the brick wall.

Yona : Princesse de l’aube

Yona : Princesse de l’aube (暁のヨナ, Akatsuki no Yona?) est un manga écrit et dessiné par Mizuho Kusanagi. Il est prépublié depuis août 2009 dans le magazine Hana to yume publié par l’éditeur Hakusensha et a été compilé en dix-neuf tomes en septembre 2015. La version française est éditée par Pika Édition depuis mai 2014.

Une adaptation en série télévisée d’animation produite par le studio Pierrot est diffusée entre octobre 2014 et mars 2015. Dans les pays francophones, elle est diffusée en simulcast par Crunchyroll.

Yona, princesse du royaume de Kôka, a grandi dans l’insouciance. Depuis son enfance, elle est choyée par son père et protégée par son garde du corps et ami d’enfance, Hak. À l’approche de ses seize ans, Yona est heureuse : son cousin et amour secret, Soo-Won, vient lui rendre visite pour fêter son seizième anniversaire, et elle compte bien lui avouer ses sentiments. Mais rien ne va se passer comme prévu… Forcée d’abandonner sa position, elle va devoir se battre pour regagner le trône qui lui revient de droit.

Yona : Princesse de l’aube est un manga écrit et dessiné par Mizuho Kusanagi. Sa publication a débuté le 5 août 2009 dans le magazine Hana to yume no 17. Le premier volume relié est publié par Hakusensha le 19 janvier 2010, et vingt tomes sont sortis au 18 septembre 2015. La version française est éditée par Pika Édition depuis mai 2014 et douze tomes sont déjà commercialisés.

L’adaptation en série télévisée d’animation est annoncée en juillet 2014. Elle est produite au sein du studio Pierrot avec une réalisation de Kazuhiro Yoneda, un scénario de Shinichi Inotsume et des compositions de Kunihiko Ryo. La diffusion débute le 7 octobre 2014 sur Tokyo MX et la série compte un total de vingt-quatre épisodes. Hors du Japon, la série est diffusée en simulcast par Crunchyroll. Un OAV est sorti en 2015 concernant l’histoire de l’enfance de Kija et 2 autres sont prévus, le premier pour le 19 août 2016 et le second pour le 20 décembre 2016. Ils parleront tous deux de l’histoire de Zeno.